Clatskanie School District Information
All students will graduate, with the essential skills to attend a post-secondary
education program of their choice, be able to compete in a global economy, and to
become a productive, contributing asset in the workforce and their community.
Welcome to Clatskanie Schools. I look forward to the opportunity to work with you in educating the youth of our community. Thank you for entrusting me with the responsibility of ensuring that your children have the very best education possible.
Over the course of the next few months, I will attempt to accomplish the following goals:
- To develop a positive school environment by focusing on and celebrating student and staff success in the community.
- To work in a collaborative process with various factions within the community and build consensus focusing on helping all students develop to their fullest potential academically, socially, emotionally, and physically.
- To provide district-wide leadership in conducting daily operations utilizing a collaborative team approach. This includes effective delegation of duties to utilize the talents and expertise of all staff; whereas, the responsibility for success or failure shall rest with the Superintendent.
- To work with the Board on clarifying appropriate roles and responsibilities of the Superintendent and Board.
- To assist the Board in negotiating both a licensed and classified contract.
- To conduct an analysis of the district’s financial condition and identify a variety of strategies to eliminate any funding gap while protecting classroom funding to the maximum extent possible. This includes both the current fiscal year and developing the 2013-2014 budget document to reflect community values.
- To work collaboratively with the administrative team, staff, parents and students in meeting Oregon’s Educational Standards.
- To work with the Board in consultation with the administrative team, licensed union representative and teachers to meet the evaluation guidelines required by ORS 342.850 and SB 290.
- To assist the Board in setting annual targets of student achievement that will lead to 100% graduation from high school by the year 2025. This requires reviewing the 2012 achievement compacts, student performance data, incorporating public comments and building on the recommendations of the achievement compact advisory committees in the district.
- To work in collaboration with the Rainier and Clatskanie School Board, high school administration and staff to address shared curriculum programs.
- To work with the Board, as they deem appropriate, in the recruiting, selection, hiring and transition of the permanent superintendent of Clatskanie School District.
I’d like to thank the school board for their faith in my abilities to lead Clatskanie School District. It is an awesome task and one that I take very seriously. This administration will be noted for three things: an unrelenting focus on children, integrity, and transparency. Every decision we make will be based on those values.
Working together, we can make good things happen. The student's educational development must be paramount in everything we do as a team working together toward a common goal.
Please consider this a personal invitation to contact me any time. We’re here to educate children, but we’re also here to help citizens of the district whenever we can. You can call me at during regular business hours at 503-728-0587 Ext. 2003 or utilize my e-mail at any time by typing in email@example.com
George D. Lanning
Clatskanie School District